For all foreigners who wish to travel to Korea short or long term, please read the below information regarding COVID regulations.
[IMPORTANT] Removal of COVID-19 test requirement for all international arrivals
- Effective October 1, a COVID test is not required for international arrivals to Korea, either before travel or after arrival.
- All travelers are still required to register for Q-code on Q-code website (click) 3 days prior to entry into Korea.
For more information, please read the blow for all specific details.
※ Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions
- Travelers are encouraged to register their travel and health information through the Quarantine COVID-19 Defense (Q-Code) system BEFORE traveling to Korea in order to streamline the airport arrival process.
- Travelers who exhibit symptoms (fever, cough) upon arrival must be tested for COVID-19 at their own expense.
- Short-term travelers who are infected with COVID-19 upon arrival in Korea may be taken to a government designated quarantine facility for 7 days and must pay for their treatment. In some cases, short-term travelers have been able to quarantine in a private home or rental home, depending on their lodging arrangements. This must be arranged directly with KDCA or the local public health office.
- Additional questions regarding Korean entry and quarantine requirements should be directed to your nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate. You can consult the ROK COVID-19 Portal, Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA) for more information.
Q-code System for after-entry PCR test
- ALL travelers regardless of age are required to register for Q-Code (click) 3 days* prior to departure (*You will not be able to proceed on Q-code website if you apply more than 3 days before your flight).
- A QR code will be issued to the traveler’s email after registration. (Refer to Q-Code User Manual for details)
- If you have questions on Q-Code or assistance with any technical difficulties, please contact Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA) at +82-2-2633-1339. The Embassy would not be able to assist you with Q-Code.